Frequently Asked Questions
Should I Rent or Buy an instrument?
Renting an instrument allows your child to use a reliable, quality, name-brand instrument without the costly investment of purchasing. Often times hand me downs or “online deals” can result in costly repairs and discourage your student from success. Students are more likely to continue their music studies if they have access to quality, well-maintained instruments that are a pleasure to play instead of a struggle. Renting also gives you a worry-free return policy if you ever wish to return or exchange to a different instrument.
How do I Rent an Instrument Online?
- Click on the “Rent An Instrument” tab at the top of the page, or click here: Rent Online.
- Select your State, Town, School, and the instrument you would like to rent from the drop-down menus. **If you are renting an instrument without a School Affiliation, please select "NO SCHOOL AFFILIATION" from the "Town" drop-down menu in your state.
- Select the Instrument from the
drop downmenu. **All string rentals require a SIZE. If you do not know your size, please contact your child's music teacher.
- Click “Select” beside the instrument of your choice to proceed to the
contractportion of your rental
- Review the information regarding your chosen instrument.
- Leave the "Repair & Replacement Coverage" checked to include this
in yourrental. (What's this?)
- Review your Rental Options. If you are starting a new contract, please leave "New Rental" selected.
- Select the additional items you need for your child. This may include lesson books, reeds, cleaning supplies, a music stand, or other items that the teacher has requested you purchase for music class in school. These items are NOT part of your monthly
charge,but are a 1 timepurchase. Once you buy them, they are yours. No need to return them!
- Select your delivery option. Please allow 1 business day to process an in-store pick-up order. School deliveries are made weekly to many school districts, but not all. Please check with your music teacher to find out when our next visit to your school is!
- Fill out ALL customer details. Fields indicated with a * are required.
- Provide credit or debit card information. All online orders must be made with a credit or debit card.
- Review the terms of your Rent to Own Agreement, check the box saying you agree to the terms and type your name in the signature box.
- Click "Submit" and you'll be taken to the confirmation page. Didn't receive a confirmation email? Make sure you clicked "Submit" on your online order!
Can I do a rental contract over the phone?
Rental contracts CANNOT be done over the phone. Contracts may be filled out ONLINE, in our retail store, or through your school system’s rental night (September/October only).
Though we are sorry to see you go, instruments may be returned at any time during the rental period. Our office MUST be contacted for authorization at (508) 366-5994 or via the Contact Us form on our website.
- All payments must be up to date at
- Rental payments are not prorated and therefore cannot be refunded.
- You are responsible for the instrument until it is returned
Please keep in mind that returning
I didn’t get a bill! How do I know when to pay my rental?
David French Music does not bill. You will only receive a monthly statement as a regular reminder when payment is not received by the due date indicated on your contract. For your convenience, we offer automatic monthly payment options to avoid costly late fees.
How can I make a payment?
Autopay An automatic monthly credit/debit card payment.
Online An easy and secure way to make payments with a credit/debit card.
Automatic Banking Many banks offer monthly bill pay where you set up the account and the bank sends us a check.
Phone Payments can be made over the phone by Credit/Debit Card at (508) 366-5994
Check Personal checks must include your account number (found at the top of your statement) in the
Money Order/MoneyGram Money orders must include your account number and should be mailed directly to our office (address above).
Store Rental payments can be made by Cash, Check, or Card in our retail store.
How do I "step-up" to a larger string instrument?
Our “Step-Up" program supplies your growing child with the right size instrument. When they are ready for the next size, you can either come to our store to fill out a
My child wants to play another instrument; what do I do?
To change instruments, please fill out a rental contract through our website. Select “Exchange” in the "Rental Type" drop-down, and complete the rental process. Once the instrument is prepared you will be notified, and the instrument will be brought to the school.
All woodwind and brass instrument returns are assessed a $10.00 sterilization fee. Instruments priced over $2,000.00 are assessed a $20.00 fee (this does not apply to instrument rentals).
Restocking Fees:Any returns on instruments purchased outright through David French Music will be assessed a 20% restocking fee.
30 Day Instrument Exchange PolicyAny intermediate or professional instrument may be exchanged for the same type instrument of equal or greater value within 30 days of purchase. The instrument must be returned in original condition, and
How do I create an online account?To create an account, click here. Once you've entered YOUR INFORMATION (not your student's information) click 'Create Account' to finish. You will receive an email confirmation to the email address you provided. Did not receive an email? Be sure to check your spam folder.
How do I access my rental information?Once you have created an account, will need to request access to your rental information by clicking "My Rental History" and confirming your account information. We require this step to ensure that you are granted access to the correct rental account information. Please contact us at (508) 366-5994 or by email if you are having difficulty requested access to your rental account.
What do I do if I can’t remember my password?To reset your password, please go to the My Account tab, and select “Login”. Scroll down to the 'Forgot your password?' section. Enter the email address you used when you created the account, and a temporary password will be emailed to you. Use the password to login to your account and reset your password.
What is the information in my account used for?The information on your account is used for David French Music purposes only. No information will ever be given out or sold to a third party or solicitor.
How do I place an order for accessories or method books?
To place an order, add items to your cart and click the 'Check Out' button when you are ready. Enter the email address associated with your existing account. If you do not have an existing account, you will be asked to create an account at this time. Select the desired shipping method (In-Store Pickup or Free School Delivery only). For 'Free School Drop Off' you will be required to provide the
How do I view my previous accessory orders?
Only orders for accessories placed online will be available in your order history. View your order history under the 'My Account' section. To view your rental order or view old invoices go to the 'View History' section.