Certified Instrument Repair Shop
David French Music, Co. is an authorized musical instrument service center for all major brands of woodwind, brass, and orchestral string instruments. We provide musical instrument repair services for professional and amateur players, as well as schools all over Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.
Repair services are performed in-house at our location in Westborough, Massachusetts. Our experienced technicians use their conventional training as well as the latest technology to ensure that your instrument performs to its full potential. As 1 of only 18 Yamaha “Shokunin” Select Dealers in the United States, our repair technicians are trained to understand the inner workings of these premium instruments in order to set up, customize, & repair each one to your specific preference.
Loaner instruments are provided for all repairs upon request.
Woodwind Services: Bassoon, Clarinet, Flute, Oboe, Piccolo, & SaxophoneReplacements for…
- Neck corks, head joint corks, and tenon corks
- Regulating materials
- Complete replacement parts
- Straightening and aligning keys, mechanisms, and bent body sections
- Leveling and reseating leaking pads
- Regulation & Adjustment
- Clean, oil, and adjust (COA)
- Complete Mechanical Restoration (CMR)
- Key work and fitment
- Pad material and resonators
- Custom head joints, necks, and bocals
Brass Services: Euphonium, French Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, & TubaCommon Services we offer...
- Repairing stuck valves & slides
- Ultrasonic cleaning
- Dent Removal
- Soldering and replacing missing/broken parts
- Valve alignments
- Custom detail work
- Acoustic adjustments
String Services: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double BassRoutine work such as…
- String replacement
- Full Set-up
- Crack repairs
- Sound post adjustments
- Open seam repair
- Bridge height work
- Bow rehair
We recommend bringing your instrument in at least once a year to keep it playing to its full potential
- Regulation and adjustment
- Shot cork and regulation material replacement
- Torn/missing pad replacement
Yearly Maintenance Work Includes...
- Ultrasonic cleanings for brass
- Clean, oil, and adjust (COA) for woodwinds
- String and bridge replacement for strings